Friday, July 20, 2007

A.D.D. has struck again....

Well, I was working on Hummie's challenge for Thursday...but then while I was looking for the silly pictures I found a disk of photos that I took in April and May and I kept trying to open the disk and it would open but I can't see all the pictures....then 2 long hours later....(BlONDE here) I take the disk out of the 3rd computer I had put it in and discover that the disk has been cracked somehow....ARGGGHHHH! 

So then I decided that I would try the Disk Recovery program on my external hard drive to see if I can recover those photos that way...other wise that means I have lost all my April & May photos....just a couple weeks ago I lost June's photos because my system crashed.....so...with this thought in mind...YALL......

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS IN MORE THAN ONE PLACE! 

This is really upsetting me.  The only ones that I have left of these so far are the ones I have already scrap booked.  I am glad I was so far ahead and had the time to scrap some of the better ones....At least I will have those photos somewhere....

I have the Zero Assumption Recovery Program and it works ok on my flash cards but I haven't tried to use it on a hard drive yet...so I will let you know how it turns out.  I already got a few of the pics off my memory card for my camera...but when you record over the photos it will only go back so far.  This may be why that article that Hummie was talking about, about not using the computer to delete photos off the card is so important...?  I need to read up on this. Anyhow....

Now I am sitting here running the recovery thing and waiting for it to finish.  I will up date later.

BIG hugs, {sniffle}{sniffle}Baring teeth

Claudette

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment